Friday 1 June 2012

Poem shared

If you are looking for todays card it is below this post.

A very kind and thoughtful lady, one the blog followers in fact, sent me a wonderful poem to give to my niece to help her when she is alittle stronger.  I was so impressed with not only the kindness shown by the lovely Christine, but also the way the poem helps lift something so devastatingly sad into something joyful.  Please, don't think for one minute that I am being thoughtless by saying I have found joy in this tragedy, but I think once you have read it you will understand what I mean.  Thank you so much Christine, I have read and re-read this poem several times and each time I found it tearjerking and yet calming at the same time.
From the emails I have received, I know that there are many among you who have experienced this tragic loss yourselves, so with you in mind also, I would like to share this poem that Christine Harrop sent to me.


From Your Baby

 Daddy please don’t look so sad, Mummy please don’t cry,
Cause I’m in the arms of Jesus and He sings me lullabies.
Please try not to question God, and don’t think He’s unkind,
Don’t think he sent me to you and then He changed His mind.
You see, I am a Special Child, I’m needed up above,
I’m the special gift you gave to Him, a product of your love,
I’ll always be there with you so watch the sky at night.
Look for the brightest star and know that’s my halo’s brilliant light!
You’ll see me in the morning frost that mists your window pane,
That’s me in the summer showers, I’ll be dancing in the rain.
When you feel a gentle breeze from a gentle wind that blows,
Know that it will be me planting a kiss upon your nose.
When you see a child playing and your heart feels a little tug,
Don’t be sad Mummy that’s me giving your heart a hug.
So Daddy please don’t look so sad and Mummy please don’t cry,
I’m in the arms of Jesus and He sings me lullabies.

Take care dear blog friends.  Who knew blogging could fulfill more than just our crafting needs!!!
Big Hugs Linda xx

3 comments:

  1. Oh Linda what a lovely poem. I am sat in tears as I write this. I understand how you can get joy from such a lovely and thoughtful thing. I truely believe that all the lost little ones are meant for better things. I think its what helps get through the days when you can sit and picture them playing and knowing they wont have to deal with some of the horrible things this world could have thrown at them. I hope the poem brings comfort to all your family and when I next send a little hug thought to my two angels I will also send one to your little angel too. Big hugs Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh Linda, this really is such a special and meaningful poem. It also had me in tears. I'm so glad you have shared it with us and I too hope it will bring some comfort to all of your family.
    Take care
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful poem! It had me in tears, and I pray it brings much comfort to your family!

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment I receive because each and every one is important to me. Thank you so much for popping by and supporting me. xx