Artistic Philosophy

Reality has limits but our imagination does not, so let it run free and your creativity will flourish.

My imagination helps me create unique work as I strive to produce beautiful things and grow in capability, experience and confidence. My goal as I travel this journey of creativity, is to share my work and inspire others so that they themselves, may create something distinct and original too.

Tuesday, 12 June 2012

Another playful card

Todays card came from one of my play times in the craftroom.  I was a little bored and fancied trying something different so I dragged out some of my mags for a little nudge and much needed inspiration.   I didn't really want to do an easel card, but when I saw the style of this card I realised I had never done anything like it so decided to give it a go.


Still sitting on my desk were the Hot of the Press papers I used recently, so I decided to use them again as I really liked the flowers and flourishes on them.
I dragged the sewing machine out and although it was only to do a bit of stitching around one of the layers I liked the texture it added to the card.   I also used some WOC flowers and some Creative Expressions PVA in bronze to embellish.   It is simple but a little bit different for me as I rarely use acetate.

In the magazine they had stamped on the acetate but I decided to leave it plain so that the flowers shone through.  However, I am definitely thinking I must try this again soon too, as I haven't stamped and embossed on acetate in a couple of years now.

The flowers I used were not all the right colours so again I took out my Whisper Pens and altered them to suit.   With this is mind my next post will have a little tip for you.  It is about flowers, glues and Spellbinder dies.  I showed you how to store your dies easily and now I will give you a little tip for using the packaging too.
Have a good day all.  Linda xx

7 comments:

  1. Hi Linda,
    very nice card. Pity the acetate doesn't show up well in the photo. I bet it looks lovely if we could see live so to speak. I love my whisper pens, I've had mine for years. Good old faith fulls aren't they. Have a great crafty day everyone. I hope the weather where you are is not a dreadful as here.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't realise you had used acetate until I read your description. When I looked again I realised it was there, but it must be extremely difficult to photograph, and your photos always come up really well. I love the papers you have used. A really great card.
    Love from Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautyful card with many details and wonderful colours!
    Nice day Sabine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Morning sweetie this is gorgeous and the colours are really eye catching, hugs pops x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda
    Your card is gorgeous, I really love the design and the colours are beautiful.
    The stitching looks really effective, I have been thinking of giving my machine a dust off and now seeing your card I'm going to give it a try.
    Take care
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, I LOVE this card..The colours, and style are fabulous..Looking forward to seeing many more of your creations...:)..xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I just wanted to say how lovely I thought this card was Linda. I couldn't see the acetate until I read the description then it became clearer (because I knew what I was looking for) da da!! You have used some beautiful colours and I must admit I am a terror for changing colours of things (ie embellishments) - just like you.

    So glad I found your blog.

    Hugs Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment I receive because each and every one is important to me. Thank you so much for popping by and supporting me. xx