Good morning and welcome to another storage idea post.
Some weeks ago, while taking pictures of my Die & Rubber stamp storage I took some pictures of my latest idea for my ribbons & lace too. For some unknown reason I didn't put them up on the blog to share with you at that time, so I've decided to carry on today where I left off.
I don't know about you but I started to buy more and more of my ribbon in full spools, especially the plain, unpatterned ones, as I found I could get it much cheaper than when buying by the metre. Of course in the beginning a few spools here and there didn't really cause a problem, but as time went on the number of spools grew and the mess became a real bother. My first solution, in my old craftroom, was to have a narrow metal curtain pole put up, suspended from underneath the base shelf on the wall directly in front of me at my craft desk. This worked out really well and was perfect until I moved to the bigger craftroom. In my new room I slightly redesigned the layout around my main craft desk and filled the space beneath my new shelves with miniature draw units and utility boxes. Now what to do with my ribbons? (which by the way were all still on the extendable curtain pole, stood in the corner of the room; ribbons slowly curling themselves off the spools.)
Well thanks to a clever lady on 'Pinterest' I found an idea that I modified a little and I created a drawer of carded ribbons and lace (I am so sorry but I cannot find the link to the originator, if I do find it in the future I promise to add it so she receives the credit due).
A few years ago I owned a Wedding Stationers which I ran from my home. I loved it. It was my dream come true! Unfortunately, as my health deteriorated much quicker than I expected, I could no longer cope with the hours of work required for a successful business and so I had to cease trading. After my spinal surgery I was told I would never be able to work again; then I started the business and it looked like my life was not over after all. Then another blow, this was the final time I would ever work and it had come to an end. The only advantage was that it left me with lots of cardstock, including mount board.
First I sectioned the drawer with the foamboard and then set about cutting up the mount board to fit within the sections. I had some oddments that were alot smaller, but I didn't waste them I cut them to shape and used them for the smaller reels of ribbon (as pictured here with the blue organza).
Thats another storage idea finished at long last. I am just sorry that I didn't get it done sooner for you, but better late than never, that's what they say (whoever they are...LOL!).
Have a great day and keep smiling. Linda xx