Wednesday 2 January 2013

Thanks and apologies

Hello dear blogfriends,
I am so sorry for doing a disappearing act over the past weeks (months), however it has been a very hard time for me.  I am slowly getting back into the swing of things and hope to start cardmaking again and of course, blogging too.   Until that time I am going to try and leave a few words now and again to let you know I am still around and also leave comments on your blogs when I am able.  Please note, even though I have been unable to comment I have been popping by your blogs and have been in awe of your beautiful handiwork.

I would like to thank everyone who has contacted me with emails, cards, e-cards, voicemails and comments too.  Your friendship and commitment to me and the blog has not gone unnoticed and your wonderful, caring words have lifted me on many occasions.  Bless you all.

I do hope you all had a wonderful and peaceful Christmas and I pray 2013 will be a good year for you.  I have made only one New Year's resolution and that is to get myself up and running again (figuratively of course!!)  and to get back into the land of the living.  Your continued prayers and support would be so much appreciated.

Quickly before I go I would like to show you the last cards Ellie and I made at the beginning of November. It was the last card I made before going AWOL.  It is a case of a card I found on one of the blogs I follow; unfortunately I cannot find the original to show you.  I will keep looking I promise so that I may give the credit due to the designer/creator.  If anyone knows who it is in the meantime I would appreciate a nudge.

This first one is Ellies version using sage green card for the leaves and flocking for the stamen center upon Spellbinders Labels 25 and a snowflake embossed background.  She finished it with a sentiment using a freebie stamp from a magazine.


The next card is my version using soft green card for the leaves and pencil for the stamen center upon  Spellbinders Labels 14 and  M.bossibilities embossed background.  The sentiment stamp was also a freebie from a magazine.

They are subtley different but both gave a very favourable result.  I think you will agree this style of card really shows off the delights of Spellbinders dies and embossing folders and that is why I chose this particular style to case (copy).
So that's it, sorry it is short but it's just the start.....  The start of a new year and a new me, but be Warned....... I'll be back! (as soon as I can).
Take care of yourselves and your families (they are so precious).
Big Hugs  Linda xx

20 comments:

  1. Nice to see you back, stunning card - the detail is beautiful. Take care :) x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Two beautiful cards, very elegant white on white with the embossing and diecuts and that beautiful poinsettia too.
    Wishing you all the best for 2013.
    Hugs,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Linda. It really is so nice to see you back, I have missed you.
    Both cards are gorgeous, I love the poinsettia and beautiful design
    Take care of yourself and I wish you all the best for a Happy New Year
    hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda, great to see you back. Lovely cards too. Love and hugs. Christine x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda,
    wonderful to have you back. Ellie's card is superb she is talented young lady.
    Now what can I say about yours well that's superb also. Love the design and embossing on the both.
    Have a wonderful crafty day if you can.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey sweet Linda! I'm glad to see you back. I have done a little vanishing act also haha! Sometimes we just need to take a break!
    Both cards are so pretty and elegant looking. I love how you used the embossing folders!!
    Have a very blessed 2013 and I hope all your goals are achieved!!!!
    Big hugs! Dena

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sweetie, it's good to hear something from you and that you are alive! Hope you are not in much pain and soon will be back to "normal".
    Your cards are wonderful, I adore them both!
    Hope 2013 is kind to you and your loved ones!
    Mahoosive hugs, Alessandra and Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  8. SOOOOOOOOOOO glad to see you back! The most important thing is to look after yourself so the odd post to let us know that you are ok will be all that is needed - even without a card to show! A very happy New Year to you Linda. Wishing you many highs and strength to get through the lows.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Linda, great to see you back, I also have been AWOL but hope to get back in the groove soon. Take care, love Lesley.xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Just post when you can....gotta prioritise and looking after yourself must come first!!
    Lovely cards too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning cards glad to see you around ,please take it easy ,I`m only posting when i can your health has to come first .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  12. Nice to see you back Linda and this card is stunning! Take care, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  13. Nice to see you back Linda and this card is stunning! Take care, hugs Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Linda

    So glad to see that you are back-it's been a long while and good to know that you feel able to blog again. The cards are lovely.

    I wish you all the best for 2013.
    Take care

    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi dearest Linda, dearest friend:)It so beautiful to see you back, I have missed you:)
    I wish you a fabulous 2013, full of sweet moments:)
    Your card is just gorgeous, love the big poinsettia:)
    Big hug,
    Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  16. Welcome back Linda! Wishing you all that you wish for in 2013! It is lovely to see you in blogland. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  17. Good Morning Linda, fantastic to see you back.
    Love the card will keep that in mind for Christmas.
    Wishing you and all your family
    A Very Happy 2013
    Look after yourself, Blog when you, even if it just a few words and no creations.
    Hugs

    Patricia xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Hey Linda

    It's good to have you back and I hope things are improving for you.

    Thank you for your support and comments during 2012, they are so very much appreciated and I would like to wish you a HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND CRAFTY NEW YEAR!

    I hope you have a great weekend.

    Take care

    Toodles

    Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow sweetie this is AmAzInG huggles Pops x x x

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hello Linda, Glad have you back and I hope every day sees an improvement for you. Thanks for your support through 2012, I will be continuing to make cards just not as many as before so I will not be disappearing. Look forward to hearing more from you as and when you feel up to it.
    Happy New Year to you.
    Hugs
    Suzie xx

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment I receive because each and every one is important to me. Thank you so much for popping by and supporting me. xx