Sunday 2 September 2012

Bright pennants

Hi and a happy Sunday to you all.
I have something sunny and bright for you today, hoping it will cheer up the day if it is a dull one again.   Don't know about you, but this awful summer we have been having has really gotten me down.  I can never plan what I want to wear the night before and even if you hear claps of thunder it does not mean torrential rain is on the way.  Here in South Wales at the moment it, means that the sun will probably shine within 5mins of the Thunder banging through the atmosphere.
Whichever way it goes, I do hope you like todays creation.
I have left off the sentiment purposefully.  Now it can be used for more than one occasion.


I started with a base of soft gold pearlescent card and then matted and layered with coordinating papers.  I'm sorry to say but I can't remember the manufacturer of the papers I used but I will look in my bit box to see if any of the pieces in there have the description written on them.  Next I cut three pennants in different lengths and layered with another of the patterned papers.   I covered the edges of these pennants with a border cut using Spellbinders Parisian Accents die.

I embellished the card with a lovely floral spray using flowers from Wild Orchid Crafts and a couple of extra peachy roses from my stash.  As you can see,  I also used one of my Decorative Pins and a few tiny lengths of pearls for a little contrast.


In the close up you can see the tiny dots of golden pearly doodles I used to embellish the paper.
To finish it all off I added some buttons that I had made myself using embroidery thread from my cross stitching stash and an old button blank.  Passementarie, which is the collective name for button wrapping, braid making and frogging has been used since medival times to decorate clothes and uniforms.  It is now back in fashion again and is being used to decorate jumpers, tops, jackets shoes and handbags. It can also be used to make fancy brooches.
I have become addicted to this creative fashioning (as I am sure you can tell) and I was, therefore, thrilled to find out that Create and Craft tv where doing shows wth Gina Barrett on this subject.  So if any of you like the look of this try and catch some of Gina's shows.  I don't buy the kits, I try to use things around the home, like domed buttons or even thick mount board circles, hexagons or even squares. 
Have a wonderful day and keep dreaming of sunny days (don't know where they went!)
Best wishes Linda x

12 comments:

  1. What a great creation you are so talented and congrats to winning on Sue blog .Melanie

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Melanie, that is a wonderful comment, how kind you are and thanks for the congrats too. Have a great day.
      Hugs Linda

      Delete
  2. What a lovely card Linda. The colours are so pretty. I have seen this sort of button wrapping before and knew there was a name for it but didn't know what it was. They certainly look effective. Have a good day Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Linda,
    wonderful card,so bright and cheery. This would brighten up any ones day. I too have watched the program about the buttons and found it most interesting.
    Congrats on your win in Sues comment game.
    Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Linda. I love your card, it's so colourful and cheery and the design is fabulous. Your buttons are wonderful too.
    I hope you have a good Sunday
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda
    This is a lovely bright and cheerful card-love the flowers. It took me back lots of years to see the button wrapping as I used to do this as a child.

    Have a good Sunday(it's dull and drizzling here today)

    Take care
    Eileen x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Linda, this is something else (well apart from the one you sent me with my prize, that will always be very special :0)) but...sorry just can't find the words to describe how beautiful this is; is there no end to your talents? Just gorgeous, absolutely gorgeous. I too have seen Gina Barrett on C&C and thought I would like to have a go but it is on my to do list for the future; there are so many things I want to try.
    Many congratulations for your win on Sue's blog a well deserved winner!
    Overcast here but hope you are enjoying your Sunday. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Linda - can I first of all say that I loved Christine's card from yesterday - such beautiful decoupage.

    Your card today is beautiful too Linda - the colours all compliment each other so brilliantly. As for the way you have popped your pearly doodles on the page to add texture etc. what a great idea!!! Such a brilliant creation.

    Congratulations on your recent win by the way - you deserve it totally.

    Catch you soon.

    Hugs to you and thanks again for the great comments on my blog.

    Sue P xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, what a lovely card, love the colours and the way you have displayed the flowers, am having a quick trip thru my blog friends today as I need to get crafting myself before the weekend is over yet again! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fabulous card Linda, lovely bright summery colours, love the pearly doodles and button wrapping, and your pin looks fab
    hugs
    Kim xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. OOooo...this is really pretty, Linda. I love the pennants, and the colors are just amazing. I hope you will be able to link up and play along with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. It would be such a blessing to have you share your lovely art with us! (www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com)

    Thanks for your sweet and encouraging comments on my blog. I'm glad you had a nice quiet Sunday afternoon. Mine was quiet and wonderful, and I'm really having fun just "chilling out". Thanks again, sweetie. Hope you're having a great day!

    Blessings,
    Karen

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Karen, This is a beautiful card, and as you say, can be used for any occasion if left blank. I very rarely do cards with no sentiments on, but must start,as a good idea to have a couple. Congrats on your win..Hugs...Carole..xx

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment I receive because each and every one is important to me. Thank you so much for popping by and supporting me. xx