Thursday 30 August 2012

A little of me and a Showcase too

Morning all,
I made this card using one of my favourite paper pads.  It is from My Minds Eye Lost & Found series, called Market Street.  I love the peachy tones with soft greens and lots of scripted papers too.
The plaid one shown here is actually glittered, which you can just see if you zoom in.   (For newbies to blogland, to zoom in just right click on the picture, open in new tab, in that tab when you hover over picture a zoom tool (cross) should appear, click to see in maximum size).
The button and dragonfly are part of the fabulous Fimo pieces that Linda W. sent to me; they coordinate beautifully.  I used some 8 & 10mm half pearls from Ebay to add a little glamour.  They are not self adhesive, but I prefer them that way.  I just put a dab of glue where I want them and drop them on, its easy and you can move them a little before they become fully set.  I don't know about you but whenever I use something self adhesive, you can bet your bottom dollar I will drop it in the wrong place and then almost cry because I cannot adjust it.  One of those....AAAARRRGGGHHHH... moments, lol!


I decorated the inside to coordinate too, but added a diecut flower (one layer of Spellbinders Rose) with a brad for less bulk.  The twine was originally natural so I dyed it to match using an antique pink Promarker.


Here you can see the dimension of the layers and embellishments and view the inside and outside together.


I am really happy with how this card turned out and although I couldn't do the 'Happy dance', I did grin alot for a while (if I had been a bird at the time, I'd have been a peacock for sure, strutting around all proud and a little smug ...lol!!)
So that is my card for today.   Now I have a card from a very special lady, Christine Hussey.   Christine has sent me a few cards to show and I will showcase them over the week, so please keep an eye out for them.  She doesn't have her own blog and therefore I would love it if you could give her a shout out and let her know what you think.

This is a 13th Birthday card that Christine made, isn't it just lovely.  It's perfect for a teenage girl.
I adore the soft mottled background and those flowers are just gorgeous.  I loved all the pictures Christine sent me of her cards, but this one did find a soft spot, it has to be my favourite.  You can decide for yourselves as the week goes on.
Well that's it for today.  I hope you all have a great day.  I am still busy, busy (lots of sewing today), but I will sit down and visit all the blogs I have missed.  Take care.
Regards Linda xx 

9 comments:

  1. A lovely card Linda. The papers are gorgeous and love the layout. The fimo pieces look great and nicely decorated inside too.
    A very nice card from Christine too.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Linda, You should strut around like a Peacock cos this card is Fab!! i love the colours and the way you've coordinated everything..:)..Enjoy your day...Love Carolexxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning card love your layout ,Christine card is beautiful ,must get of lappy as going to look after grand children .Xx Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Linda,
    your card is wonderful. I do like the glittery plaid paper or card. The inside is quite lovely also.
    Now to Christine's card well what a really,really, pretty card. As you say Linda the colours are so lovely and soft. The image is wonderful, and the lovely design is fantastic, and of course the little flower arrangement so perfect. I can see why you fell in love with it. Have a great crafty day everyone.
    Lots of crafty love. Jenny L.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Linda, your card is lovely, I do like the papers and Christine's card is so pretty, gorgeous colours and a delightful image, well done both! Carole Z X

    ReplyDelete
  6. Morning Linda, really great card today. I love your glittered plaid and the elements all fit together so well.

    Christine's card is beautiful. So soft and romantic. The carnation flower arrangement is lovely. Looking forward to seeing more!!

    Have a great day everyone. Love from Christine xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is gorgeous Linda. I really love those papers and the embellishments all work together beautifully. It's a great layout too.
    Christine's card is really lovely too, the pretty image is beautifully framed and the colours are gorgeous.

    I hope you have a good day
    Hugs Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Linda, your card is great and I love the papers you have used especially the plaid. A lovely design which sets off your special elements a treat.

    Thank you Linda for showcasing my card and thank you so much ladies for your kind comments it means a great deal to me - I can appreciate how you feel when comments are left on your blogs - and as I said to Linda I am always grateful for your critical eyes. I must admit this one is my favourite but I will be interested to see what you all think about the others.

    Have a lovely day everyone, I hope the sun is shining for you as it is here in Somerset (yes that bright light in the sky is back yippee!) although a bit blustery. Love Christine H xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your card Linda - I love the print papers as well. Had to laugh when you said that the self-adhesive items always land in the wrong place - glad it's not just me then lol! It's a flamin' nuisance and I prefer using the non-adhesive variety with a drop of Cosmic Clear glue. Linda W's embells look great!

    I also love Christine's card - so pretty and delicate. Looking forward to more.

    Hugs Sue P xxx

    ReplyDelete

I read every comment I receive because each and every one is important to me. Thank you so much for popping by and supporting me. xx